Volunteer and Committee PositionsDo you have talents and skills that could enhance our organization? Please get involved in helping the chamber make our community a better place to live and work. Join a committee, take part in a one-day project, or bring in a new member. Let’s work together to make Kailua the best it can be.
- Community Affairs/Development Committee: The Communications & Marketing Committee shall consider and report on all questions pertaining to commercial and industrial interest in Kailua, especially the establishment of new Businesses, manufacturing or commercial enterprises. The committee shall promote KCOC and its' members via media channels, press release, marketplace branding an awareness in print and digital. This committee shall manage KCOC website and social media accounts and feature KCOC members via web and social media channels.
- Legislative Committee: The Legislative Liaison Committee shall analyze and report on legislative proposals from municipal, state and federal bodies that would affect the civic and economic life of Kailua
- Membership Committee: The Membership Committee shall attract new members to grow membership, consider all applications for membership, make regular reports to the Board, assist in monitoring and encouraging attendance at KCOC functions and in general establish a close relationship between all KCOC members.
- Awards & Events Committee: The Awards & Events Committee shall honor KCOC members, individuals from the Kailua community and businesses in several categories at the General Membership meeting in March. Ballots for awards to be presented to members for vote at the January General Membership Meeting. This committee also shall have responsibility for planning, supervising and executing mixers, social or fundraising event for posting on KCOC website and social media. This information may also be used for press release and marketplace branding.
- Kailua Information Center Committee: The Kailua Information Center Committee shall be responsible for all activities related to the mangement of the day-to-day operations of the Kailua Information Center.
- Independence Day Parade Committee: The Independence Day Parade Committee shall be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing the Independence Day Parade including presenting awards at the July General Membership Meeting.
- Executive Committee: There shall be an Executive Committee consisting of the President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The Executive Committee shall review reqeust from staff and committees for new programs and/or changes to existing programs, including financial impact, develop a business plan for the following year, and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board. Prior to the end of each fiscal year, the Executive Committee, in consultation with the Treasurer, shall prepare and submit to the Board for its approval or modifications a budget for the next fiscal year.